Australian tennis player, Alex de Minaur is set to play at the 2019 ATP Atlanta Open. Alex de Minaur will begin his tournament in the second round against Bradley Klahn from the United States. Alex de Minaur received a bye in the opening round due to his high seeding. It has been a tough season for Alex de Minaur as his record in 2019 is currently at 14-11. The clay and grass seasons were very poor for Alex de Minaur as his combined record was 3-7. Returning to the hardcourt should give the Australian a boost as he was playing well on this surface at the start of the season. Alex de Minaur’s record on hard court in 2019 currently stands at 10-4.
1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Alex De Minaur
- Last result: 2-3 vs Steve Johnson (Wimbledon)
- Form: L W L L W
Eliminated in the second round of the Grand Slam tournament at Wimbledon, Australian young Alex De Minaur, 34th place in the ATP rankings, returns to the hard surface after a four-month break, more precisely from defeat 6-1, 4-6, 2 -6, suffered in front of US Marcos Giron, in the inaugural round of the American Indian Wells.Alex De Minaur’s previous success on this type of surface was obtained about 5 months ago in Acapulco (Mexico), which managed to impose a double 7-6 in front of the world number 38, the Chilean Nicolas Jarry .
- Bradley Klahn
- Last result: 2-0 vs Marius Copil (Atlanta)
- Form: W L W W W
Winner of the Challenger Tour at Winnetka, United States, this month, the American Bradley Klahn, the world’s No. 94, left the Newport tournament on the grass for the first time, defeated in a minimum of sets of 4-6, 6 -7 by his compatriot, Denis Kudla, 101st in the ATP hierarchy.In the sixteenth finals of the ATP 250 tournament in Atlanta, Klahn passed, not without emotion, the novel Marius Copil, 84th ATP, in two sets, 7-6 and 7-5.
2.News, analysis, statistics and ancnronics about the 2 players.
- The 24th ATP is the highest position ever achieved by the Australian player
- He is present for the second time in his career on the main painting of the tournament in Atlanta
- In January of this year he managed to award his first ATP career trophy
- 10 of the 14 successful victories this year were obtained on the hard surface.
- He won 164 of the 257 matches he played in his professional career
- Seat 63 ATP is the best American tennis player so far
- Especially uses the left hand
- He is present for the first time on the main board of the Atlanta tournament
- 10 of the 11 successful victories this year have been obtained on the hard surface
- He has not won any major trophy in his career
Tennis Prediction of the Day Alex de Minaur vs Bradley Klahn
On the other side of the court, Bradley Klahn won his previous match in straight sets as he defeated Marius Copil from Romania. During the win, Klahn impressed with his serving as he hit 8 aces and won 82% of his service points. Bradley Klahn won all of his service games and 1 return game during the win. The receiving was poor from Bradley Klahn but it should not be a massive concern since Copil is known as an outstanding server. Bradley Klahn should have the crowd in this match as this tournament is being played in the United States. This will be the first time that Bradley Klahn and Alex de Minaur will be playing each other at an ATP event. Alex de Minaur is a hugely talented player but the Australian has looked in awful form leading up to this tournament. With that in mind, I am going to pick Bradley Klahn to win this match. Bradley Klahn played well during his previous match and I see him having the momentum on his side since he is playing on home soil. With the crowd on his side, I see Bradley Klahn being too strong for Alex de Minaur in this match.
Prediction Today: Alex de Minaur