The Roland Garros tournament takes place in Paris, and in this analysis I will detail the semifinal match between Diego Schwartzman and Rafael Nadal, and I will conclude with the related bet.
Paris is a town of 2.1 million inhabitants, being in fact 12 million in its urban area.
This tournament is big, grand slam, with a prize pool of 18,209,040 euros.
The host is the Roland Garros complex, which features slow, slag-covered outdoor land.
In this phase, we have Tsitsipas, Djokovic, Nadal and Schwartzman.
Diego Schwartzman: Team form, news and statistics
Diego Schwartzman is a 28-year-old Argentine, ranked 14th in the ATP.
And Schwartzman is an athlete at the peak of his career, being in the top 10 in the world for the first time since Monday. In addition, it is for the first time in the semifinals of a grand slam, coming after another premiere, namely its first Masters 1000 final. And there it passed, again for the first time, the opponent here.
So Diego can dream of the title, although obviously his route is extremely difficult. But the first step for him has already been taken, passing his good friend Thiem after an epic match of 5 sets. A big step for little Diego but now there is a leap, which it is not known if he is able to succeed.
In 2019 he has semifinals in Sydney, quarterfinals in Cordoba, finals in Buenos Aires, semifinals in Rome, quarterfinals in Queen’s, title in Los Cabos, quarterfinals at the US Open and final in Vienna.
And in 2020 he has the final in Cordoba, the semifinals in Buenos Aires, the quarterfinals in Kitzbuhel and the final in Rome.
So a top form for Schwartzman, in Rome passing the current opponent until he was defeated on Djokovic, but after a balanced game in which he had chances.
– 6-0 6-1 6-3 with Miomir Kecmanovic (41st place ATP), winning 67% balls with the first service, 48% with the second, offering 8 break points (6 saved)
– 6-1 7-5 6-0 with Giustino (15th place ATP), winning 62% balls with the first serve, 59% with the second, offering 10 break points (7 saved)
– 7-6 6-3 6-3 with Gombos (106th place ATP), winning 63% balls with the first service, 47% with the second, offering 15 break points (11 saved)
– 6-1 6-3 6-4 with Sonego (46th place ATP), winning 68% balls with the first service, 60% with the second, offering 7 break balls (4 saved)
– 7-6 5-7 6-7 7-6 6-2 with Thiem (3rd place ATP), winning 64% balls with the first service, 45% with the second, offering 22 break balls (13 saved)
Rafael Nadal: Team form, news and statistics
Rafael Nadal is a 34-year-old Spaniard, ranked 2nd in the ATP.
And Nadal is the best player in the history of slag and the greatest champion in the history of this tournament, with no less than 12 titles here.
The discussion can go on, Rafa can be considered even the best player in point history, but there are many variables and athletes from different eras can not be compared. However, Nadal remains a sports legend, a very loved tennis player and due to his game but also due to the fact that he has a very pleasant personality, being always modest and polite.
As a record, Nadal has 19 grand slam trophies, with a title here that can match Federer, with 35 Masters titles and being number 1 in the world for 209 weeks.
In 2019 he has a final at the Australian Open, semifinals at Indian Wells, semifinals at Monte Carlo, semifinals at Barcelona, semifinals at Madrid, title at Rome, title at Roland Garros, semifinals at Wimbledon, title at Montreal, title at US Open and semifinals at Paris.
And in 2020 he has the quarterfinals at the Australian Open, the title at Acapulco and the quarterfinals at Rome.
In Rome, Nadal was quite modest, being very clearly defeated even by his current opponent.
– 6-4 6-4 6-2 with Gerasimov (83rd place ATP), winning 84% balls with the first service, 63% with the second, offering 2 break points (1 saved)
– 6-1 6-0 6-3 with McDonald’s (236th place ATP), winning 76% of the ball with the first serve, 61% with the second, without offering break points
– 6-1 6-4 6-0 with Travaglia (74th place ATP), winning 77% balls with the first service, 83% with the second, without offering break balls
– 6-1 6-1 6-2 with Sebastian Korda (21st place ATP), winning 62% balls with the first service, 72% with the second, offering 6 break points (5 saved)
– 7-6 6-4 6-1 with Sinner (place 67% balls with the first service, 59% with the second, offering 7 break balls (5 saved)
🔺Statistics of direct matches Diego Schwartzman vs Rafael Nadal
In direct meetings the score is 9-1 for Nadal, the last taking place a week ago in Rome when Schwartzman won 6-2 7-5.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Diego Schwartzman vs Rafael Nadal
Diego Schwartzman is in the best shape of his life, coming after the final in Rome, where he passed in the quarterfinals for the first time by his current opponent, in two sets.
So he overcame this complex, here showing maximum confidence in his game and passing Thiem after an epic match of 5 sets but who was the best player.
With such morale, top-notch fitness and encouraged by the fact that he has finally reached the top 10 ATP, Schwartzman can think of a victory here. Rafael Nadal has not lost a set so far, being the best player in history on slag and managing even in these complicated conditions.
He didn’t like the heavy balls, the humidity, the cold, he couldn’t print so much spin in the ball, but even so he dominated his opponents. But Rafa is not 100% and with Sinner he had many moments when he missed light balls.
So I think Schwartzman can cover a handicap of 8.5 games, my prediction going on this idea at a odds offered by Betfair.
Bet Tips: Diego Schwartzman +8.5 handicap games