Irina-Camelia Begu and Tereza Mrdeza will square off in the 2nd round of the Liqui Moly Open for the 1st time in their career.
1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Irina Begu
- Last result: 2-1 vs Voracova
- Shape: W L W L W
Irina Begu is present for the first time in her career on the main panel of the challenger tower in Karlsruhe. Romanca is the number 6 in this competition and came here after last week until he reached the finals in Palermo.Before the tournament in Italy, Begu evolved at the BRD Bucharest Open, managing to reach the quarter-finals, losing to Laura Siegemund. It was the third quarter final for Romanian this year and unfortunately, the third elimination in this phase.In the first round here he had big problems in front of Renata Voracova, in front of which she had to return from 0-1 to the sets.
- Tereza Mrdeza
- Last result: 2-0 vs Hogenkamp
- Shape: W L W W L
Croatian sportswoman Tereza Mrdeza also participates for the first time in this tournament. Without being on the list of series leaders, Mrdeza, managed an extremely conclusive victory in the first round, passing 6-0 6-1 by Richel Hogenkamp.Mrdeza had the same route as Irina Begu in the last tournaments. She managed to pass qualifications in Bucharest, being defeated in the first round by Ysaline Bonaventure, but also in Palermo, where she lost in the first round even against Irina Begu.Croatia has only 2 wins this year on the main table of a WTA tournament, so Irina Begu leaves with her first chance.
2.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- Play for the first time at this tournament
- He is currently ranked 93rd WTA, with the best position being 22nd
- He has 8 wins and 7 defeats this year on clay
- He passed Mrdeza in the only direct match, last week in Palermo.
- If he goes further he could play in quarters with favorite number 2, Alison van Uytvanck
- He is evolving for the first time in his career at this tournament
- It currently holds the 206 WTA spot, never being among the top 100 players in the world
- He has 17 wins and 17 defeats this year on clay
- He has only 2 wins on the main table of a WTA tournament this year
- For the presence in the optimum you will receive 15 WTA points
Tennis Prediction of the Day Irina Begu vs Tereza Mrdeza
There is no head to head record between Irina-Camelia Begu and Tereza Mrdeza since this will be the first time that they will clash against each other in the main tour.The last time that they squared off, Begu won 7-5 6-2 in the 1st round in the 399 back in July 2019.
Prediction Today: Irina Begu