1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Last result: 0-2 vs Vondrousova
- Form: L L W L L
After stunning the world of tennis, coming close to nowhere and winning Roland Garros in 2017, after a superb finale with Simona Halep, the Latvian failed to fully confirm the result in Paris, the subsequent results being rather modest compared to what what one would expect from a Grand Slam winner.
This year did not start well for Ostapenko in the eight tournaments he participated in failing to tie two wins. Things can change on clay, the surface that brought it to the attention of tennis lovers, Latvian playing the final at Charleston in 2017, the only presence in the American tournament.
At the last tournament, Latvian was defeated in a minimum of Miami sets ever since the first round of Marketa Vondrousova, the 43th WTA ranked sportsman.
- Last result: 0-2 vs Townsend
- Form: L L L L W
If Ostapenko made another victory this year, the Swedish Larsson is even worse in this chapter, the only time he went on in the second tour being caused by Verei Lapko’s retirement at the Australian Open. Other defeats on the line in the first round of tournaments.
On clay, things should look a little better, being the preferred surface of Sweden, and its forehand can be much better on such a land.
In Miami, Larsson lost his first tour in front of US Townsend, managing only three games.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Jelena Ostapenko vs Johanna Larsson
- He occupies the position of the 31st WTA.
- He has only one victory in the last four games.
- He has four wins and eight defeats this year.
- It’s 10 favorite on the main board.
- A success of the Latvian at the end of the trophy is quoted at around 30.
- It occupies the 88th position of the WTA.
- He has a win and seven defeats this year.
- Charleston never went on tour 1 in previous stakes.
- He did not get any set of Laton in the two previous meetings, both on the hard.
- He is a very good double player with 13 titles in his career.
Prediction Today: Larsson +5.5 games