Jiri Vesely and Cedrik-Marcel Stebe will play each other in the 2nd round of Swiss Open for the 2nd time of their career. They are scheduled to play on Wednesday at 1:00 pm on COURT 1.
Jiri Vesely: results and record
- Ranked no. 142, Jiri reached the 2nd round after defeating Ernests Gulbis 7-5 7-5.
- Jiri’s best result of the current year was reaching the semi-finals in the Canberra Challenger.
- Vesely has a 22-17 win-loss record in 2019, 11-9 on clay.
Cedrik-Marcel Stebe: results and record
- Ranked no. 455, Cedrik-Marcel got to the 2nd round after defeating Corentin Moutet 6-4 6-4.
- Cedrik-Marcel has a 1-7 win-loss record in 2019, 1-6 on clay.
1.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 games?
- Jiri Vesely
- Last result: 2-0 vs Ernests Gulbis (Gstaad)
- Form: W L W L W
Eliminated in the finals of the tournament in Umag, Croatia, after 6-3, 4-6, 4-6, against Argentinian Leonardo Mayer, 51st ATP, 142nd Czech, Jiri Vesely, in the first round of the Open Swiss, 2-0 to Latvian Ernests Gulbis, 130th ATP.Vesely succeeded in imposing the previous disputed meeting against German Stebe, less than two weeks ago, on the occasion of the final of the tournament in Umag.
- Cedrik Marcel Stebe
- Last result: 2-0 vs Corentin Moutet (Gstaad)
- Form: W L L L L
No less than three competitions checked the German Cedrik Marcel Stebe, 455 ATP, from the beginning of this month, being eliminated every time in the inaugural round, last time, even by Wednesday’s opponent, Jiri Vesely, 1-2 on clay from Umag.In the first round of the ATP 250 Tournament held in Switzerland in Gstaad, Stebe placed a minimum of sets, with a French 6-4, number 80, the Frenchman Corentin Moutet.
2.News, analysis, statistics and ancnronics about the 2 players.
- 35th place ATP is the best ranking of the Czech player in the world men’s tennis hierarchy
- He is left-handed
- One ATP trophy managed to conquer Vesely throughout his career in 2015, the tournament in Auckland, New Zealand
- He is the debutant on the Gstaad clay.
- He has won 11 of 20 matches on this type of surface this year
- Seat 71 in the ATP hierarchy represents the highest position occupied by Stebe throughout his career
- He is present for the first time on the main board of the Gstaad tournament
- He has a single ATP trophy
- He is a tennis player who mainly uses his left hand
- He won only three of the 11 games played on the clay since the beginning of this year.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Jiri Vesely vs Cedrik-Marcel Stebe
This will be the 2nd time that Jiri Vesely and Cedrik-Marcel Stebe face off. The head to head is 1-0 for Vesely , 1-0 on clay.The last time that they played, Vesely won 7-65 3-6 7-62 in the 1st round in Umag back in July 2019.
Prediction Today: Jiri Vesely