A spectacular duel is announced in the quarterfinals on the men’s table at the US Open, between the multiple Swiss champion Roger Federer and the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, who has been in good shape for the last few seasons.
- As one says “Age is just a number”, this fits very well with the legendary Swiss player, who at 38 years old last month, is still at the highest level.
- He was very close to winning the 21st Grand Slam title, being dramatically defeated in the Wimbledon final by Novak Djokovic by 13-12 in the decisive set.
- During the summer, he played only the tournament in Cincinnati, where he was surprisingly defeated by the Russian Andrey Rublev, and in this tournament he started my engines hard, losing the first set both in the first round and in the second round, but the next two games were very clearly dominated by the Swiss.
- The Bulgarian player crosses a bad period of his career, currently occupying the 78th place in the ATP standings, thus descending after a long period of the top 50 ATP.
- This year it was highlighted in the tournament at the Australian Open, where it reached the stage of the finals, which is the best result of the year.
- After eliminating Stan Wawrinka in the 3rd round at Roland Garros, he did not win any grass, while in Cincinnati and Montreal he was still defeated by Stan Wawrinka in the opening round.
1. Direct meetings
The two players have met so far 7 times, all being won by Roger Federer, losing only 4 sets in all the matches, and the last one that took place in Rotterdam in 2018, ended with a 6-2 double in favor of the Swiss.
2.What is the shape of the players in the last 5 matches?
- Roger Federer
- Last result: 3-0 vs David Goffin (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W L
Only one edition of the US Open Grand Slam tournament missed the world number three, the Swiss Roger Federer, throughout his professional career, the one played in the summer of 2016. One year ago, he stopped in the sixteenth of the finals. of the competition, losing 6-3, 5-7, 6-7, 6-7 to Australia’s John Millman.Until the quarter-finals, Federer surpassed Indian Sumit Nagal, 190th place ATP, respectively Bosnian Damir Dzumhur, 99th place in the ATP standings, each time with 3-1 at sets, then British Daniel Evans, score 3-0 , and in eighth, after 6-2, 6-2 and 6-0 on the world number 15, the Belgian David Goffin.
- Grigor Dimitrov
- Last result: 3-0 vs Alex De Minaur (US Open – hard)
- Shape: W W W W L
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov ranks 78th in the ATP standings, present in New York for the ninth consecutive year, on the main board of the US Open, in front of the most important performance recorded in the American Grand Slam tournament, being for the first time career in the quarter finals.Impressive success achieved by Bulgarian tennis player in the current edition of the US Open, this one passing, until the quarters, by the Italian Andreas Seppi, 77th place worldwide, score 3-1 at sets, then by Croatian Borna Coric, benefiting from the abandonment it, by the Polish Kamil Majchrzak, 94th place ATP, respectively the Australian Alex De Minaur, each time in a minimum of sets.
3.News, analysis, statistics and progress about the 2 players.
- He is present for the ninth time in his career on the main board at the US Open
- He has won the US Open trophy 5 times in his career
- Has 104 ATP trophies
- He won 47 of the 53 matches played this year, on all surfaces.
- He managed 11150 aces and made 2705 double mistakes, throughout his career
- The third place ATP represents the best ranking of the Bulgarian, in the hierarchy
- He has won 18 of the 35 matches played this year, on all surfaces
- He has won 8 ATP trophies throughout his career
- 38% is the percentage of break balls made by Dimitrov
- 75% represents the percentage of points earned by the Bulgarian on the first service
Tennis Prediction of the Day Roger Federer vs Grigor Dimitrov
Given the direct matches between the two players and especially the last performance of the Swiss against David Goffin, I expect him to continue the excellent series from this tournament, considering also that Novak Djokovic has left the competition, thus being a chance. big for Federer to approach the 21st Grand Slam title in his career.
Prediction Today: H-5.5 game-uri 1