- Sloane Stephens
- Last result: 2-1 vs Tomljanovic
- Form: W W L W L
Sloane Stephens is the main favorite of the Charleston tournament. Until this year’s edition, it was last seen here in 2016, when it won the trophy for the first time in the final by Elena Vesnina.The former WTA 3rd place winner, Stephens, has not had a good start for the year, this being just the 2 nd tour this year, winning two consecutive wins. This performance was only at the Australian Open, where she was eliminated by Pavlyuchenkova in the finals.As the mainstream star, the US athlete had the first free run and in the second round she needed 2 tie-breaks to beat Sara Sorribes Tormo. In optimi had a match at least as difficult with Ajla Tomljanovic, having to return from 0-1 to sets.
- Madison Keys
- Last result: 2-0 vs Ostapenko
- Form: W W L W L
From 2013 until now, Madison Keys has participated in each edition of this tournament. Last year, the US sportsman lost to the semifinals at Kiki Bertens, but the best performance is the final in 2015 when she was defeated by Angelique Kerber.Like his opponent and Madison Keys has a poor start in 2019, and because of the many injuries he is prone to. She reached the Australian Open up to the eighth, but at Indian Wells and Miami Open she always lost in the second round.After a first free kick here, Keys went into the second round in three sets of Tatjana Maria. In the finals optimals managed a very good match, passing in the minimum sets of Jelena Ostapenko.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Sloane Stephens vs Madison Keys
- Play for the 7th time at this tournament
- The best result is winning the title in 2016
- He defeated Madison Keys in all three direct matches
- He passed her in the only duel directly on the clay.
- The winner will play in the semifinals with Monica Puig or Danielle Rose Collins
- He is present for the 7th consecutive time at this tournament
- The best result is the 2015 final
- He did not win any set in 3 matches with Sloane Stephens
- It currently occupies the 18th WTA, the best position being 7
Prediction Today: Victory Keys