- Last Result: 0-2 vs Bedene
- Form: L W L W W
Taro Daniel may be lucky to be present on the Monte Carlo main painting. The Japanese was defeated in two sets by Aljaz Bedene in the last qualifying match, so he would normally have to pack his luggage and go home. However, he took advantage of the drawings on the main board and was in the first round, facing the German Kohlschreiber.
In the first round of qualifying, Daniel had defeated another generation, Yannick Maden, a sportsman ranked outside the top 100.
And in the previous appearance at Monte Carlo, the Japanese came in all the qualifiers in 2016, and even managed a victory in the first round against Mannarino.
The Japanese is one of the luckiest players of the season, being already the third time on the main picture of the lucky loser after Auckland and Sydney. Unfortunately, in the previous 2 you failed to pass the inaugural tour.
- Last result: 0-2 vs Andujar-Alba
- Form: L W L W W
Kohlschreiber regained his confidence in his own strength after his victory against Djokovic a couple of weeks ago at Indian Wells.
Neamt had already started the slag season last week in Marrakech, but he was not very successful but was defeated in the second round of Andujar-Alba after he had previously eliminated the Spanish Davidovich-Fokina.
At 12th in Monte Carlo, Kohlschreiber never lost in tournament 1 of the competition, last year eliminating Tennys Sandgren in a minimum of sets.
Tennis Prediction of the Day Taro Daniel vs Philipp Kohlschreiber
- It is 72th ATP.
- He has 6 wins and 9 defeats this season.
- Last week he played quarters in Marrakech.
- 4-5 is the record on the clay this season.
- In 2018 he conquered the only career title in Istanbul on clay.
- It’s 40 ATP.
- He has 10 wins and eight defeats this year.
- Last year he reached the third round and was eliminated by Dimitrov.
- The best performances are the quarterfinals from 2007 and 2010.
- Six titles on clay have succeeded the German in the career.
Prediction Today: Kohlschreiber -2.5 games